- An appointment will be booked for you and your pet, at
a time that is mutually convenient.
- Each appointment lasts from 20 to 40 minutes, depending
on any questions that you may have or any discussion that
- The clinic is open to all dogs and cats above 8 years
- At the appointment your pet will receive a top to
toe examination. Sarah, Debbie and Alix will go through
this examination with you and discuss any findings.
- We will also request that you bring a sample of your pet's
urine in with you. This will allow us to check your pets
kidney function, glucose levels etc. For advice on collecting
a urine sample click here.
- If the urine results are, in any way, suggestive of an
underlying problem then we may recommend that a blood sample
is then taken. This will allow us to look at your pet's
body systems in more detail.
- At the end of the consultation you are given a comprehensive
booklet, written by ourselves, outlining many of the older
age conditions that your pet may come across and what to
look out for.
- You will also be sent a detailed written report a few
days later, outlining the findings of the examination and
any specific areas discussed and any recommendations to
Specific areas discussed include:
How to look after the older pet
Lumps and Bumps
What to look out for etc.
If you are interested in bringing your pet along for a consultation
then please telephone the surgery and we will be happy to